Monday, May 31, 2010

Welcome to Dear Job Hunter!

Think of this blog as the Dear Abby of job hunting.

This blog is meant to be an inspirational forum for Americans who need a job.

I want to hear from THE REAL job hunter…the unemployed, recent college grads and job changers. Share your stories of how you are making ends meet and how you are maintaining your integrity and self-esteem during this job revolution.

I will share ideas that can help you look for a job, identify your skill-set and get your resume ready. I’ll post tips on interviewing, networking, using social media, plus offer suggestions on what to wear on that all-important interview.

In this day-and-age, you have to bring out the big guns and get creative! You are the only one who can lead your job search.

Dear Job Hunter is where you can post questions about your job search. I will work on finding the answer.

Don’t be shy, even if you have a job that’s okay, you may want a better one and we can help there too!

There were several motivating factors that caused me to create this blog.

First of all, I have been unemployed…so I have first hand experience! I actually started my boutique media company on an unemployment check with a laptop and a cell phone.

With hard work and perseverance, I’ve gone from an award-winning journalist to running my own successful firm.

The second reason was seeing my family members, of all ages, out of work and struggling to make ends meet in this dreary job market.

Most unemployed Americans are in the same boat…expired unemployment benefits, insurance coverage is threatened or gone…and dark days looming ahead because the job market is shrinking.

Look at those closest to you. You my have a job, but I bet someone in your inner circle doesn’t.

Research shows millions of Americans have been affected by this dreadful economy. So much so that we find the job market shrinking with little hope of recovering.

According to
David Wessel’s Meet the Unemployable Man on May 6, 2010 in the Wall Street Journal, more than 6.5 million people are looking for work right now, and that doesn’t include those who have given up.

Let’s face it, without a job there isn’t much you can do…you can’t shop, you can’t improve your lifestyle, and chances are you can’t make anyone happy…especially yourself. In most cases, unemployment strips you of your self-esteem and begin to wonder "what in the world can happen next?".

Dear Job Hunter is here as a tool to help everyone remain positive, but offer solutions. Remember, there’s strength in numbers!

Send me your questions with a little bit about yourself. In turn, I will interview experts in the field of career management and psychology, to give you some tips on how to make your life better during these trying times. From time to time I will interview top business executives, who will tell you what they are looking for from job seekers and what gets their attention when reviewing a swell of resumes.

Let’s not make excuses about why America isn’t working, let’s make it work! Please share your stories and I will work on finding you an expert who can help you out of this mess!

If you are an expert and think you can help, please send me an email so I may feature your work and suggestions.

If you are an employer hiring, please post your job here!

A little more about me…

I’m the founder of
Blitz Group based in Chicago. I’m an award-winning journalist, publicist and volunteer. I’m currently creating “A Healthy Serving”, a 501 C-3 non-profit organization that raises money for nutritional programs for underprivileged families.

Disclaimer: Dear Job Hunter does not offer job opportunities, guarantee work or future employment opportunities. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment